Friday, September 26, 2008

The King (Byng?) controversy...

(Note: You may not get the headline unless you're a history nut like me...)

A few thoughts on my post earlier this week about Tyler King's comments on my work. First, I went too far with it: it was intended as a defence of my work, but I spent too much of it attacking his. In response to his attacks, which I took as personal, I also made some somewhat personal attacks of my own that I shouldn't have, including calling him "two-faced" for insulting me on the radio and then being friendly to me in person. I shouldn't have attempted to judge his motives, and from talking to him, I've come to a better understanding of why he's chosen to do things the way he does. I don't necessarily agree with him, but there's plenty of room for opinion in the world: as I wrote earlier, sports are full of grey areas, not black and white issues. In any case, I believe I've worked things out with him and neither of us wants to get into a drawn-out personal war. I reserve the right to disagree with his opinions, write about my disagreements and defend my own work if and when it comes under attack, but I will endeavour to do my best to prevent personal attacks from entering the picture from here forward.

- Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:42 PM

    I'm pretty sure most people who read that post didn't think it went to far, rather they probably agreed with you, as I do.

    ReplyDelete