Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vent Day!


[Image from The Guardian].


"Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger! Only your hatred can destroy me!"
- Darth Vader

“Yes, honey...Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle.” - Homer Simpson


Seems to me I've probably been taking Homer's advice a bit too seriously for too long. There are several things that have been bugging me for quite a while that I've never really written about, usually preferring to keep this site in the realms of sober, rational analysis and outside the area of raw emotion. Well, that rule's being voided for one day: I'm not having a good week, so I unilaterally declare this to be the first official Vent Day. Of course, my remaining discretion will still limit the venom levels of my writing and I'll try to keep some rational analysis in these posts as well, but I figured it's probably a better idea to actually write about what's gnawing at me than keep it bottled up: after all, we all know about the potential consequences of that. In any case, if you don't like rants and complaining (though, given the audience numbers that sports talk radio pulls in, there's probably a minority of sports fans in that camp), I'll be back with the regular stuff tomorrow. For any of those interested, stay tuned: I'm planning three posts today. As always, comments and responses are welcome, either here or at andrew_bucholtz (at) hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment